Get advice about:
Homebuyer and Renter Information
- Find out about buying a home and tenant/landlord responsibilities.
Home Improvement Support
- Learn about assistance for low and moderate income homeowners to make needed repairs and increase accessibility.
Preventing Mortgage Default and Foreclosure
- If you're having difficulty remaining current or have fallen behind on mortgage payments, get help to prevent foreclosure by knowing your options. Also, be sure to OPEN YOUR MAIL and take action immediately.
Reverse Mortgages for Seniors
- Determine whether you're a good candidate for a reverse mortgage to help you stay in your home.
- Short-term help to prevent homelessness or quickly rehouse individuals and support for area homeless shelters under the Emergency Housing Solutions Grant Program.
Our certified housing counselors offer housing information, education and referrals in a confidential setting. All services are FREE but appointments to see a counselor are required.
Call 248-858-5402 for a FREE confidential appointment
In office counseling is by appointment only.
Fair Housing Laws
- All citizens are guaranteed equal opportunity in financing and securing housing of their choice regardless of age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, race, color, national origin or religion. If you or someone you know feel discriminated against while seeking housing financing or looking for a home or rental property, contact Oakland County's Community & Home Improvement Division at 248-858-1891 or the Fair Housing Center of Metro Detroit at
313-963-1274 to file a complaint.