Oakland County's housing counselors promote and protect the interests of homeowners. Our free and confidential housing services include:
- Reverse mortgages to allow seniors to stay in their home and maintain a comfortable lifestyle
- Non-government subsidies for low cost housing and assistance with security deposits, utility payments, and/or back rent
- Emergency shelters, job training and non-profit and government agencies
- Homeownership opportunities for low income, disabled and minority families
- Education regarding fair housing to identify barriers and set goals to overcome the impediments
In office counseling is by appointment only.
Housing Counseling Hotline & Foreclosure Hotline 248-858-1891