Certified advisors offer housing information,
education and referrals in a confidential setting.
Get help with:
Preventing Mortgage or Property Tax Foreclosure
- Know your options if you're having trouble paying your mortgage or property tax.
Reverse Mortgages for those Aged 62 or Older
- Are you a good candidate for a reverse mortgage to free up the equity built up in your home?
The Home Buying Process
- Learn what buying a home involves from what you can afford to how to maintain a home.
Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
- Find out what you can do to resolve disputes with your landlord.
Home Repairs, Subsidized Housing and Rental Assistance for
Low to Moderate Income Households
- Are you eligible for any programs that help with needed house repairs, increasing accessibility, or making housing more affordable?
Housing Discrimination Complaints*
- If you feel discriminated against when seeking housing financing or looking for a home or rental property, we can assist in filing a complaint.
Also offered is short-term help to prevent homelessness or quickly
rehouse individuals and support for area homeless shelters under the Emergency
Servicers are FREE but you must call (248) 858-5402 to make an appointment.
*All citizens are guaranteed equal opportunity in financing and securing housing of their choice regardless of age, disability, marital status, family status, sex, race, color, national origin or religion. If you or someone you know feel discriminated against while seeking housing financing or looking for a home or rental property, contact Oakland County's Community & Home Improvement Division at (248) 858-5402.
Oakland County's Community & Home Improvement Division is approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) to provide comprehensive counseling on a variety of housing matters.