- Assist low and moderate income persons (70 percent of CDBG spending must benefit this group)
- Prevent or eliminate slums and blight
- Meet an urgent community need where no other funding is available
Emergency Solutions Grant
The Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) program, administered by the Oakland County Community & Home Improvement Division, is designed to allow non-profit agencies to provide services for Oakland County residents who are currently homeless (sheltered or unsheltered) as well as those at imminent risk of homelessness. Allowable programs include funding for emergency shelter operations and services as well as programs for homeless prevention and rapid re-housing services.
Community Planning and Consulting
We are committed to helping communities create a thriving atmosphere that provides residents and business owners with a quality environment. Our service areas cover Land Use & Zoning, Historic Preservation, Downtown and Commercial Revitalization, and Environmental Stewardship.
Our approach to sustainability considers ecological and social value, as well as economic value.
Services we offer include:
- Technical assistance and coordination for sustainability planning across multiple jurisdictions.
- OakGreen: Education and assistance to local governments, residents, schools and businesses to help them
become more energy efficient
- Technical assistance and coordination of community efforts to integrate the Federal Partnership for Sustainable Communities principles:
- Provide more transportation choices
- Promote equitable, affordable housing
- Support existing communities
- Coordinate policies and leverage investment
- Value communities and neighborhoods