The Quality of Life Committee focuses on intangible elements that make Oakland County a premier location for businesses and families.
Committee Recommendations for 2012
- Partner with the academic community to use student creativity and university research to develop innovative marketing strategies that promote Quality of Life in Oakland County.
- Improve coordination between three Oakland County websites OakGov, DestinationOakland, and AdvantageOakland.
- Coordinate efforts between county departments, committees and commissions to reinforce Quality of Life as a key element in the county’s brand identity.
- Create opportunities for downtown business districts to be more attractive to older adult customers by piloting age-friendly communities.
- The Quality Communities group wishes to integrate the Quality of Life Certification Program with the One Stop Ready initiative.