The Workforce and Education Committee examines issues which concern current job holders, job seekers, new work force members, trainees and students.
Committee Recommendation for 2012
Oakland County should
- Market workforce development programs and services, including student internships, to job seekers and employers.
- Provide training and resources for information technology, advanced manufacturing and health care jobs.
- Identify skill gaps in high growth/high demand occupations, including health care, information technology and advanced manufacturing.
- Conduct needs assessment surveys in other high growth/high demand occupations such as health care.
- Support or form a work group of high-level Oakland County staff and school district subject matter experts to collect and analyze school district demographics, budgets, land uses and student performance that would be shared with those who ultimately may be considering school district consolidation.