Electricity and Gas Providers
Electricity for residents is provided by Consumers Power and DTE Energy. Several providers are available to commercial and industrial electricity needs. (See the Michigan Public Service Commission
for a list.)
Natural gas is supplied through Consumers Energy, MichCon, or SEMCO Energy. Outlying portions of the county not served by natural gas have several propane gas providers from which to choose.
Phone, Internet, and Cable Service Providers
- Wired service providers include AT&T, Century Tel Mid West, and Verizon North
- Cell phone service is available from major providers such as AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile as well as local cell phone companies
- Voice Over Internet Protocol providers include AT&T, Bright House, Charter Communications, Comcast, ViaTalk, Vonage and WOW
- Internet service (dial-up, DSL and broadband) is available from a large list of companies serving the area
- Cable television and/or digital satellite services are available from AT&T, Comcast, WOW, Direct TV and Dish Network
Water Supply and Treatment
Oakland County communities are served by Detroit City water service, community wells, and private wells. Water treatment facilities include both city sewer systems and septic systems.
Drains and Water Resource - Links for businesses and residents.
Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner oversees water and sewer service, provides reports and detailed information.
You will need to download
Adobe Acrobat Reader
if it is not already installed on your system.